UPDATE - Lake Festival

Aug 12, 2017

The weather reports for today are very poor so we have decided to postpone the Festival until tomorrow
The 5 km run and the Pot Luck will go ahead today as scheduled.
There are some changes to times for Sunday, so please see Nancy's message below for details.
SDRA Board
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:26 AM
Subject: Festival thunderstorm delay
Rain won't stop me from postponing but thunder will.  The forecast improved yesterday but today it worsened again. I wish it increased to 90% so the decision was more clear.  But 70% during the festival hours .... I think we should postpone. 
So here is the plan:
The 5K run will proceed as scheduled today.
Registration between 9:15 - 9:30am

With run to start at 9:45am.  

Festival to be postponed until tomorrow with everything moved up a bit.  
Registration at 9:30 and kids games starting at 10:00am and races at 10:30.  
Lunch at 11:30 to 1:00. Ladder Golf to start st 11:30 (as before).
We expect the day to rap up by 1:00pm leaving time for families to pack up and head back to the city if they need to.
The forecast looks warmer and only 10% forecast for rain.  


blog comments powered by Disqus